Tuesday 27 January 2009

KAL Bag






I am amazed at how quickly this bag has knitted up! It has only been a couple of days, but I suppose I have the advantage of being officially on bed rest - which I have interpretated into sitting with your feet up knitting rest!
It hasn't used as much yarn as the pattern called for. I have used about 180g all in all. I'm hoping that this doesn't mean it will shrink into an i-pod cover when it comes to the felting!
I'm also hoping that the slouchy bottom of the bag tidies up with blocking.
I made an i-cord measuring nearly 7 feet. The pattern recommended 5-6 feet, but I would like the strap to go over the shoulder, I hope it doesn't shrink too much.

So how many times in the machine is enough for felting?

I have used two different types of yarn, the block blue has felted to pretty much its maximum, whilst the variagated has only just felted, I daren't risk another cycle in the machine, so I have set it up ready for blocking.

The I-cord now measures about 4 feet - it shrank at will lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment