Wednesday 9 September 2009

Baby one ply - all spun up!














































Shadow is making something for a new born, so I offered some homespun. Nothing like fresh, soft pure wool hand spun and hand knit next to a babies skin. Love it!
She wanted either orange, yellow or green. With the gorgeous green mountains all around me inspiring me every day how could I not dye some gentle green?
The end product is going to be a soaker so aran/bulky weight was the aim. I got 108 metres to 70g, should be enough for a newborn soaker.
Hope she likes it and it knits up well.
























1 comment:

  1. Hi Mich we will be putting together next years programme for WFU we have had some interes in spinning could you perhaps speak to us one evening? Wool looks fab
    Speak soon Eira

    ReplyDelete