Saturday 25 April 2009

Wonder wool Wales was WONDERFUL!


Yay. I've been to Wonderwool Wales, and yes as the title says, it was wonderful!!








I was asked for a finished project in action shot so here are myself and Cassie wearing the jackets I made.








Cassie was such a good little princess, she only woke for a feed and went straight back off to sleep giving mummy plenty of wool stroking time, I took full advantage by meeting up with Gemma of Krafty Koala, and Nic of Nics knots.



I picked up Hannahs wool, bought some lovely 'country' for the store, Picked up some untreated merino and bfl fibre - for later ;) and some rainbow dyed merino.
I also bought a range of dyes.
I went to meet the talented Natural dye studio people.











I have been saving for absolutely ages for a spinning wheel, but never taken the plunge and bought one, Hubby persuaded me today :) We bought this lovely lady today, she was calling to us from across the auditorium, :)
She's a reconditoned wheel, the seller didn't know what type she was - if anyone has any ideas please let me know.


















As you can imagine I couldn't wait to get her home, as we travelled the 2 hour journey home, we passed field upon field of shep, both commenting on how this one would make a nice fleece or that one didn't look like she'd have a soft fleece :)
I sat straight down and got on with loading her up. I did all that I have been reading I should do (reading for months- nigh on years!), yet time and time again I couldn't do it!!!
I thought I was doing everything correctly, but no, I just could not get the fleece twisting thereby turning into wool HOW FRUSTRATING!!!!
I you tubed spinning to see if the videos would show me where I was going wrong.
Whilst I was watching them, I am aware that hubby is messing with the wheel. Grrrr! It's my precious!! LOL!!
It looks like I'm doing everything correctly, so I go back to the wheel. I go as slowly as possible, step by step and OOOOO WOOO HOOO I am spinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yee Ha Cowboy!!!!
After a while, this is what I produced, my back is kiling me and calf is pumped lol!

I'm looking forward to my new hobby!!!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the twisted side lol I know you're gonna love it, it'll take up all your knitting time you know.

    How teeny is your wee Cassie and you are both looking stunning in your crocheted jackets.

    Keep us upto date with all your spinning experiences, whats on your bobbin right now is FANTASTIC for a first shot.

    ...luv D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW michelle i am SO jealous of your wheel!!!! I keep harping on at Dan at wanting one, but it'll never happen. What a fab day you must have had. What dyes did you get? Cassie is looking great, still so little :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wheel envy! Loks like you had a fab day ad what a gorgeous picture of you and Cassie, she is sooo tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I love the spinning wheel! I am still working on my hubby for one ;)! lol
    Cassie is looking as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can`t wait to see what you spin!!!! You and Cassie are both looking fantastic!!
    K
    xox

    ReplyDelete