Thursday 29 January 2009

I spent the day at the hospital yesterday. I knew the tests would take all day so went armed with a ball of cream aran weight and a ball of pink and lemon variagated aran weight and a size 5 crochet hook.


I knew I wanted to make a warm - very warm - blanket for Baby girl. Inspired by a face puff I made some months ago I decided on this design. It gives a lovely deep ridge to the work, so, in theory, the extra surface area of the garment in the ridged design should trap the air and keep baby girl even warmer. I'm also working each square into the adjoining squares to cut down on sewing time and the possibility of loose ends.


I'm thinking it will be a pram sized blanket, but may make it into a full sized cot blanket. If I can maintain the patience to get it so big ;0)


I bought a new camera today, I haven't worked out how to get the colour balance right or the flash settings yet. Hopefully it will give me clearer photo's for my knitting pattern PDF's






I am waiting on a custom dye order before I can continue with Cassie's and Hanna's order. So will be starting Louise's order tonight. Here are the colours Louise, they are both going to be flower soakers. Watch this space ;0)

1 comment:

  1. that's a lovely blanket, little Woolly is going to feel warm and much loved when she's wrapped in it :-)

    ReplyDelete